This is from a New York Times review of Todd Solondz’s new movie, Dark Horse. But when you’re a self-obsessed single woman with an unusual first name, it’s hard not to take these kinds of things personally. (via cleareyesfullhearts)
i love miranda popkey
Taken with instagram
this tiny human is related to me. also, i find his adorableness to be painful sometimes. looking at him, i am pain. has anyone ever been more perfect (no).
- Eight spiders eat you in your sleep each year
- Humans only use 10% of their spleens
- It takes seven billion years to completely digest gum
- When you shave, it grows back twice as Rick
- In Australia, water drains counter-clockwise because God does not exist
- Camel humps are full…
MATT POWERS LADIES AND GENTS.
Tonight, thanks to the Reproductive Health Access Project and papayas, I learned all about the options for first trimester abortions and even performed an aspiration abortion on a papaya! My motivation for going to the seminar was 1.) I staunchly fight for reproductive justice and access in my activist work and yet I was a little shaky about the medicine behind it and 2.) I am really scared about reproductive health access and how every day, anti-reproductive-health assholes chip away at the constitutional right for me and all those with uteri to control our bodily autonomy and heath. I wanted to at least be theoretically familiar with how a first trimester abortion works. I think I am going to go to more seminars in the future just to be safe. I have read the Handmaid’s Tale too many times and to be honest, I’m terrified.
This girl is cool.
I lived in a New School dormitory in the financial district and worked for the subsidiary rights division of a publishing company headquartered in the Flatiron. I made $10 or $12 an hour and my parents paid my rent. Both places were air conditioned, theoretically, but in…
Zan writes so beautifully. Love this.
- Arkansas, “The people rule”
- West Virginia, “Mountaineers are always free”
- New Hampshire, “Live free or die”
- North Dakota, “One sows for the benefit of another age”
- New Mexico, “It grows as it goes”
- North Carolina, “To be, rather than to seem”
I came up with idea of starting a twitter account for The Count and everyone at work liked the idea, so we did it. This is the kind of ridiculous stuff we actually do at my job.
THIS MAN IS A GENIUS
(Source: , via explore-blog)
Matt Langer is really thoughtful in this. Really well done.